A NOTE TO OUR COMMUNITY ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to affect local communities and global economies, we want you to know that maintaining business continuity is a priority for us. We’re working to minimize disruptions and impacts to you so that we can still offer the same level of superior service and support you have come to expect from our team.
Protecting our clients and staff
We have implemented procedures to protect the health and safety of our staff, clients and community including the following:
1. All in-person appointments are postponed until the Executive Stay-At-Home Order issued by Governor Polis on March 25, 2020 has been lifted. We will be available for telephone or email communication during this period.
2. In order to comply with Social Distancing requirements, we are offering our clients the opportunity to drop off tax information and pick up any documents at the designated area in our office.
3. We request that clients please sign all required authorizations and returns in a single visit or take returns and authorizations with you and mail, fax, or email the required documents back to us in order to limit the number of trips to and from our office.
4. We have adopted and we encourage you to also follow the guidelines for health and safety issued by the State of Colorado available at covid19.colorado.gov.
Our firms is open to serve you
Our firm remains open and available to serve you. We anticipate keeping our regular hours of operation pending any further measures required to limit the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 has likely caused some concerns about your financial well-being; however, there are relief measures available that may benefit you, such as:
1. The IRS extended the April 15, 2020 federal income tax filing and payment deadline to July 15, 2020; however, we continue to work on filing returns as soon as possible, and encourage you to provide your tax information to us and make required tax payments as soon as you can.
2. First quarter estimated tax payments usually due April 15, 2020 are now also extended to July 15, 2020.
3. States are also providing tax relief for individuals and businesses, though the specific benefits offered vary by state.
4. Emergency paid sick and family leave benefits are available to employees (with some limitations and exceptions).
5. Employers, including those self-employed, have available refundable tax credits to offset the costs for providing coronavirus-related leave benefits.
The following resources are also available to address some of your concerns:
- AICPA State Tax Filing Relief Chart for Coronavirus at https://www.aicpa.org/content/dam/ aicpa/advocacy/tax/downloadabledocuments/coronavirus-state-filing-relief.pdf
- The IRS Coronavirus Resource Center at https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- The U.S. Small Business Administration: Coronavirus Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources at https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
Our commitment to you
Whether you have tax or financial planning questions or need advice on ways to navigate business challenges, we’re here for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (719) 544-9872.
During this unpredictable and challenging time, it’s more important than ever to stay connected. We’re in this together.
Thank you for your continued support.
Garren, Ross & DeNardo, Inc.
Welcome and thank you for visiting our Website. In addition to providing you with a profile of our firm and the services we provide, this Website has been designed to become a helpful resource tool to you, our valued clients and visitors. Our dedication to superior client service has brought us to the Internet as we endeavor to continue to provide the highest quality professional service and guidance.
As you browse through our Website, you will see that not only have we highlighted background information on our firm and the services we provide, but have also included useful resources such as informative articles (in our Newsletter section) and interactive financial calculators (in our Financial Tools section). In addition, we have taken the time to gather many links to external Websites that we felt would be of interest to our clients and visitors (in our Internet Links section).
While browsing through our Website, please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments you may have - we'd love to hear from you. We pride ourselves on being proactive and responsive to our clients' inquiries and suggestions.